Friday, October 23, 2015

No refrigerator? No problem


I brought a bottle of apple cider which i bought in Paris to drink with my colleagues. Awww, I kinda miss my Paris trip, how i wish I don't have to come back to reality... more about that next time hehe,,,


Chilled apple cider is the best but the problem is, we do not have a refrigerator in the office :( So we decided to chill it the primitive way. Well, when you are faced with limitations, you just gotta be creative to find your way round it instead of giving up... Maybe that's how we were trained since young... 

My colleague accompanied me to the kopitiam behind our office where I managed to get a bag of ice for $1.... So we chilled our apple cider like this:


My version



As there were still some leftover ice in the plastic bag, my colleague decided that we should fully utilise the whole bag of ice and this is her version:

French apple cider in plastic bag of ice



We couldn't stop laughing at this sight. I think my version is more 优雅 but the 2nd one worked just fine hahaha... 


A couple of days ago, Jane asked my brother-in-law who is an expert in wine, whether the Champagne she bought in Epernay would be spoilt in the hot weather since she needs to bring it from her home to office where travel time is about 45 minutes. My BIL suggested that she keeps it cool. 


So Jane, here is an inspiration for you. I think champagne in a plastic bag of ice is just ideal for you. There, I solve your problem hehe...


2 comments:

Jane Jane said...

i took my gel iced pack (for toothache use & swell) and put in the ice pack to keep it cold..luckily everything went smoothly and my boss liked the champagne (well, appeared to, at least). hahahaaha

but your idea is marvelous...everything is around us, just need to know how to use it wisely.

creative, innovative!

jenn said...

haha, it's cheap too :P if u want, can make iced drinks with the leftover ice haha...

oh, he will like it once he tastes the champagne. even the lower range is tasty. Gosh, i miss the champagne tasting! hehe